Saturday, January 5, 2008

Quotations from Chairman Kinky

From Kinky Friedman's great book Cowboy Logic:

  • "Writing a novel is like frisbeeing your soul into hell and hoping that some three-headed flatulent dog might catch it".

  • "In Texas we all share the common belief that if we live a good life, when we die we go to Willie Nelson's house".

  • "I've been in outhouses, whorehouses, and White Houses, but I'm proud to say that I've never darkened the door of a spa".

  • "I've always been searching for a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence".

  • "Every time I stay in a fancy hotel, some employee always comes up to me with deep suspicion in his eyes and says, 'Can I help you?'"

  • "Find what you like, and let it kill you".

  • "Friedman's just another word for nothing left to lose".
  • No comments: