Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brooklyn Local 1

During all the trials and tribulations of Toulouse-inations, I got hooked on a new beer (well, it's new to me, anyway) called Brooklyn Local 1. It's definitely a challenger to my all-time favorite brew Duvel, presenting a Belgian-style taste and wallop truly worthy of dissolving the JSH liver.

Although it may often sound as if I give a pass to any and every Belgian-style brew that crosses my palate's path, it tain't so. I can't stand the fruity stuff like Gulden Draak that seems to thrill so many other beer drinkers. I'm also rather skeptical when it comes to Chimay, which has the same essential "fruity" problem that I can't get past.

I haven't been able to find much information online about Brooklyn Local 1, but I'm intrigued enough to consider making it the official JSHNYC beer, especially if there really is a Brooklyn connection.

- - JSH

No comments: