Thursday, May 7, 2009

Party Like It's 1996


Apparently those spooky Mulders over at Telecrylic International are plotting a gallery/museum of my artwork, somewhere in the South, later this year. Not sure when they were planning on actually telling me about it, since I had to hear about it secondhand from my friend Nandita.

I'm going along with it, mainly because I'm told there will be delicious cake at the grand opening.

So, I've been going through the deep recesses of my storage units looking for grist for this alleged gallery (I suggested they call it "The JSH Presidential Library". They chuckled. But I wasn't joking!). Sifting through the detritus of a lifetime of malfeasance and loutdom, I found an already-yellowing old copy of Georgetown University's newspaper The Georgetonian, dated November 7, 1996. It has a nice article about Cheeseburger & Fries' first appearance at the SoUP Fest, and a photo of myself and Commissioner Dockery gettin' our 618 on, puttin' our thing down, clearing the room.

See that our graves are kept clean.

- - JSH

1 comment:

J.T. Dockery said...

The astute observer will notice that, while it looks like I'm playing a drum kit, I'm actually on bongos that are set up behind a drum kit. That's one of only a handful of times I played bongos doing the CH/FR thing, I ended up settling into a snare drum and brushes set up for CH/FR. I remember that hat. Passed out in it and ruined it.