Saturday, October 2, 2010

Walk Like A Man, Smell Like a Waffle


I used to be a regular patron of Sephora (don't laugh), because it was the best place to find the Philosophy line of smell-um-good products. Though they, like Sephora itself, seem primarily aimed at ladies of the QVC-level persuasion, they used to offer the greatest glop one could ever hope to smear on oneself: an all-purpose shampoo/body wash/whathaveyou called Waffle Cone. And the stuff actually smells, for all the world, like pure liquid waffle cone. Amazingly amazing.

Needless to say, though, if I think something's great, that's a prime indicator that the average gherkin won't dig it. And sure enough, Waffle Cone quickly faded from Sephora shelves. It was still briefly available at Macy's, but that source soon dried up too. And so I hung my head low and mourned the loss of another product that was foolish enough to aim itself at the Jeffrey Scott Holland market.

But while unearthing boxes of mystery crap from one of my storage units recently, behold, what to my wondering eyes did appear, but a forgotten freakin' full unopened bottle of Waffle Cone, the last that may ever come my way again.

Life is good.


- - JSH

No comments: