Monday, March 28, 2011

Firepit Fever


Recently I've finally gotten around to upgrading the backyard firepit (which was just a hole in the ground with a grill grate) to one of them there fancy polished store-bought kind. It wasn't quite as big as I'd thought it would be, so yet another upgrade may be in store in the future, if there is one. A future, I mean.


I feel sorry for people who live in places where a firepit's not allowed; everyone needs fire in their back yard, and I don't just mean their grill. You can even cook food over the firepit and do like our cro-magnon cousins did. If you like to hang your laundry out to dry, the firepit can hasten the job plus import a nice hickory-snoked aroma. You can even send smoke signals with it. I've also very quickly reduced the fallen limbs and branches on the property of the old JSH plantation in no time, during my quests for kindling.


And at the end of the broadcast day, when the guests have gone home, it's just you and your thoughts, sipping shots of Zwack and staring at the flames, using the fire to scry into other realms, lookin' for what's comin'.



- - JSH

No comments: