Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eggs That Are Forsaken

Earlier this year, I decided to shut down my yearly Project Egg installation wherein I'd have plastic eggs (filled with weird stuff) hidden all over the planet. Environmental concerns were the reason for my rethinking the project, after learning what plastics are doing to the oceans.

So now I'm stuck with a storage unit containing thousands of green plastic Easter eggs. When it gets warmer, I'm going to take them to a friend's farm and run 'em all through a chipper-shredder like Steve Buscemi's corpse in Fargo. The resulting particulate matter will be recycled as material to add texture to my paintings, thus keeping them out of the ecosystem. (There's also some waggish ideas being floated about making a statue of me out of them, for the forthcoming Jeffrey Scott Holland Museum.)

But before that happens, I'm giving folks one last chance to get ahold of these damn eggs. The new thing to replace Project Egg Phase Three is a sort of mail-art-in-reverse offer called Eggs That Are Forsaken (that's a biblical quote, dontcha know). Between April 1 and April 30, I will randomly select an egg from the bin and send it to anyone who requests one, free for the asking. No email requests though, that's the catch - you have to make your egg requests in writing to:

JSHNYC
242 E. 38th Street #2C
New York, NY 10016

I'm counting on most of you louts out there to be too lazy to write, so I don't get too deluged with requests, heh.

And when it's all over, I never ever want to see another egg again. Seriously. Damn. Don't even say that word, "egg". Don't say that word.

- - JSH

No comments: