Thursday, September 2, 2010

The 21st Century Idiot Box


I don't like YouTube, but it sure is useful.

I actually watch it more than television these days, even as I marvel at how it's speeding up the internet's dumbing-down of the populace on a grand scale. (Then again, I'm only watching moldy old movies and antiquated music clips, and avoiding entirely the whole webcam "vlog" thing, and avoiding all the over-opinionated arguing, debating, flaming, negativity, and general B.S. that comes with that scene. Why would I watch some stuttering kid in Iowa mumble his incoherent opinions about Obama when I can watch Star Trek?)

Nevertheless, when the day comes that the villagers finally wake up and decide to put a match to the entire internet and torch it to the ground, I'll be there with bells on like Snake Plissken.

But when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Better play the human way and twist away those gates of steel. Cunning as snakes but as innocent as doves.

And so, with the powers invested in me as the Mayor of the planet Pulcova, I hereby announce the launch of Transylvania Colony, the official YouTube presence of the Old Order of Transylvania Gentlemen. It'll mostly consist of old pre-war music (strictly stuff in the public domain), plus the usual suspects from the Creeps Records stable of artists.

- - JSH

No comments: