Friday, October 8, 2010

Acer Aspire One D260


Yesterday the wi-fi doohickey conked out on my own personal laptop, and though I tried everything short of the Heimlich Manuever and an invocation of Choronzon to resurrect the dying digital whatchamacallit, my efforts failed. Even the imaginary vaporware frammistat I downloaded didn't help. This is mega-bad news for a roving reporter, a guy on the go, a no-fixed-location Nostradamus, a man of purloined letters like myself.

And as Tom Frost, a thinly-veiled equivalent of Paul Bowles, said in the film version of Naked Lunch, "Bill, I feel desperately insecure without a typewriter in the house."

Last night duty called, however, and my power of positive bullshitting was summoned by Theatre Louisville to go see Actors Theatre of Louisville's production of the Charles Ludlam classic The Mystery of Irma Vep and subsequently cough up some semblance of a review. So I had to wait until this morning to truck on out to, of all places, Wal-Mart, who had the best deal on a no-frills netbook in town.

It's the Acer Aspire One D260, and so far my experience with it has been favorable - but I'll be sure to chime in here with consumer warnings if snything goes South with it. I'll keep ye posted, toasty.

Although this model is supposed to be offered in charcoal grey, the guy at Wal-Mart said upon consulting his stock, "we have purple, purple, and.... purple." Oh well, it matches my purple Van Heusen shirt I scored at Macy's t'other day.

- - JSH

2 comments:

Ken said...

just dont leave it on the couch or bed, it gets hot enough to start a fire.

Transylvania Gentlemen said...

Yikes! Good tip!

- JSH