Monday, October 18, 2010

Poetry Corner



I just wrote a poem. It's been ages since I wrote anything like a poem, and if I have been poetic, it's all been coded into the form of my comics and drawings.

It's called "J.K. Rowling is a Close Personal Friend of Mine."

I write bad poetry
because there is no
point in writing good poetry
because nobody reads poetry
besides
the publishing industry is in the toilet
and nobody reads anything much at all anyway
the last literary movement I hereby proclaim to be my bowels
and, yay, they have moved
just like the insides of the great poets have moved before me
plop


The drawing carefully selected to illustrate this bit of poetic business is my homage to the cover of Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu #19 (original by Gil Kane & Tom Palmer), which was rejected by the Covered blog. Only the best stuff for all my friends...

--JTD

No comments: