Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Breakfast Cocktails


Vodka: it isn't just for breakfast anymore.

This morning I had the pleasure of a Hot Pepper Infused Bloody Mary at the perenially hip Toast On Market in Louisville, along with lemon chiffon pancakes and some of the best bacon I've ever partaken of in my short pointless little life. Mmm-hmm!

Although there are many selections from Toast's menu of breakfast cocktails, the bloody mary remains my favorite here, since the tomato juice really does provide at least a modicum of an illusion of healthiness and it really is the beverage that drinks like a meal.

But, "Breakfast cocktails"? Oh hell yeah. They're so matter-of-fact about the concept here, it seems downright bourgeois. I feel like I've died and gone to Mad Men heaven. Get yer tail down to Toast and try their wares if you haven't already, I love the taste of toast and I propose a toast to Toast.

- - JSH

No comments: