Friday, November 5, 2010

Vizio M221NV


The thin red line between Television and the Internet just got a lot thinner. I nabbed this "Smart TV", the Vizio M221NV, for a mere $239 at Sam's Club. It dices, it slices, it makes Julienne Fries, it mows your lawn and picks up the kids from school.

Not only is this monitor soopa-thin and lightweight, it has its own built-in wi-fi, and comes with a slew of Internet apps that let you access Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Flickr, the Weather Channel, and watch streaming movies on-demand from Netflix and Amazon.


I don't really need any of that crap, of course, because I still waste the remaining hours of my precious existence the old-fashioned way. But it's nice to know that I can pack around a slim and lightweight computer monitor that doesn't need a computer attached to it, and watch Knight And Day from a downtown toilet stall if I should ever have a specific reason to do that.

- - JSH

No comments: