Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh no, not Cotto!


Well, hell. I just watched the Cotto-Clottey fight on HBO and was severely bummed to see the judges hand this fight to WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto (33-1, 27 KOs), which I wasn't really expecting. I had my money (literally) on Joshua Clottey (35-2, 20 KOs), who some people are already whispering is the real winner. (Some people like me, for example.)


Cotto's eyebrow was gushing blood by the final round, because of an accidental head-butt from Clottey. I'm actually surprised they didn't end the fight early because of it. Clottey's punch ratio fell in the last two rounds, and this may be what tipped the scores in Cotto's favor, but if you watch the fight, I still think it was close, painfully close.

Throughout the fight, I drank Mojito mint tea fortified with Cachaca and huffed Stammheimer Hopfenschnupf, which made everything allllright in the end, though.



- - JSH

No comments: